Tanzania: Over 33,900 Shortlisted for Police Force Vacancies

Tanzania: Over 33,900 Shortlisted for Police Force Vacancies

A total of 33,998 candidates have been shortlisted for various vacancies announced by the Tanzania Police Force.

Of the shortlisted candidates, 31,930 are from Tanzania Mainland and 2,068 from Zanzibar.

According to information published on the Police Force website and shared on the Force’s official social media platforms on Monday, the interviews will be conducted over 14 days, from July 29 to August 11, 2024.

The list, seen by the Daily News Digital, shows that Dodoma Region is leading with 3,051 applicants who have completed Form Four and Form Six, followed by Arusha (2,957), Mwanza (1,948), Temeke (1,577), and Kilimanjaro (1,426).

Areas with the fewest candidates are Rufiji (134), Tarime (127), and Songwe (374).

ALSO READ: TIOB addresses youth unemployment

In the Mainland, the list shows that 2,238 out of 31,930 candidates hold degrees, diplomas, and certificates, while 29,692 are Form Four and Form Six leavers.

In Zanzibar, 739 out of 2,068 candidates hold degrees, diplomas, and certificates, while 1,329 are Form Four and Form Six leavers.

The statement added that interviews for degree, diploma, and certificate holders will be conducted at the Police Academy (DPA) in Dar es Salaam, while those who hold Form Six and Form Four certificates will remain in their respective regions.

In Zanzibar, candidates from Unguja will be interviewed at the Police Headquarters in Zanzibar, while those who applied from Pemba will be interviewed at the South Pemba Regional Police Commander’s offices.

Source: allafrica.com

Original Media Source

Share this news

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
WhatsApp

This Year's Most Read News Stories

Africa: Rwanda Gets a Grip Of Marburg, But Mpox ‘Not Yet Under Control’
Top News
Chief Editor

Africa: Rwanda Gets a Grip Of Marburg, But Mpox ‘Not Yet Under Control’

Africa: Rwanda Gets a Grip Of Marburg, But Mpox ‘Not Yet Under Control’

Monrovia — The Rwanda Minister of State responsible for Health, Dr. Yvan Butera, cautioned that while the country is beginning to see positive signals in its fight against the Marburg virus, the outbreak is “not yet over”. He, however, expressed hope that  “we are headed in that direction”. The minister said the epidemiology trend, since the disease was first discovered in the country more than a month ago, is moving towards fewer cases.

Dr. Butera, who was giving updates during an online briefing yesterday, said in the past two weeks, only two deaths were recorded while 14 people recovered from the disease. He said Rwanda was expanding its testing capacity with 16,000 people already inoculated against the disease.

The priority right now, Butera said, is “rapid testing and detection”.

Marburg is a highly virulent disease transmitted through human-to-human contact or contact with an infected animal. The fatality rate of cases, which has varied over the period, is more than 50%, according to the World Health Organization.  WHO said the highest number of new confirmed cases in Rwanda were reported in the first two weeks of the outbreak. There’s been a “sharp decline” in the last few weeks, with the country now tackling over 60 cases.

At Thursday’s briefing, a senior official of the Africa Centers for Disease Control, Dr. Ngashi Ngongo, said mpox – the other infectious disease outbreak that countries in the region are fighting – was been reported in 19 countries, with Mauritius being the latest country to confirm a case. He said although no new cases have been recorded in recent weeks in several countries where outbreaks occurred previously –  including Cameroon, South Africa, Guinea, and Gabon – Uganda confirmed its first Mpox death. This, he said, is one of two fatalities reported outside Central Africa.

Dr. Ngashi revealed that there was an increase in cases in Liberia and Uganda. He said mpox cases were still on an upward trend.

“The situation is not yet under control.”

Source: allafrica.com

Continue Reading