Rocket crash in the Polish village of Przewodow. What is known so far?

Rocket crash in the Polish village of Przewodow. What is known so far?

A day after a rocket fell in the village of Przewoduv in eastern Poland near the border with Ukraine, killing people, officials in Poland say it was made by Russia. However, the Associated Press, quoting American officials, has written that the missile was allegedly fired by Ukraine with the aim of shooting down a Russian missile. 

 The fact that the downed missile was not fired from Russia was also explained by US president Joe Biden.

“Missile made in Russia”

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Poland was the first to announce that a Russian-made missile had fallen in its country at four hours and 54 minutes in the morning.    

 Following the fall of this missile, the Polish minister of affairs, Zbigniew Rau, called the Russian ambassador to ask him for direct information regarding the incident, said the statement of the AP organization.

The same information was also given by the president of Andrzej Duda. “There is a strong possibility that the missile was made by Russia, but the investigation is still ongoing,” he told reporters, according to the Reuters news agency. 

President Duda said that there is no evidence as to who actually fired the missile, and expressed the hope that this was a unique issue. 

Information about air defense of Ukraine   

Skip Twitter messages

Video description,Warning: The BBC is not responsible for external content

End of Twitter message

On Wednesday morning, the Associated Press news agency, quoted three American officials who did not mention their names, saying that the missile that fell in Poland is believed to have been fired by Ukraine’s air defense systems.

 The information that the missile was fired by Russia was previously questioned by US President Joe Biden, who called an emergency meeting of the leaders of the G7 and NATO member states, who participated in the G20 meeting in Bali.

 “According to the perspective of the situation, Russia may not have fired the missile, but we will see,” said Bide after the meeting. 

British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak, speaking to reporters in Bali, did not repeat Biden’s claims that the missile may not have been from Russia. He insisted on the need to establish the truth first, but said: “We must all be clear: nothing like this would have happened if there had been no Russian invasion of Ukraine.” The fact that the NATO military was able to track the rocket that exploded in Poland.

According to CNN, the missile flight was recorded by a NATO surveillance plane, which was conducting reconnaissance over Polish airspace.  

As for who fired this missile, it was not explained by CNN, which only explained that they gathered intelligence, including seeing missile remnants left by radar, which were transferred to NATO countries and Poland. 

G

IMAGE SOURCE,GETTY IMAGES

 
Image details,

The Polish village of Pshevoduv is located near the border with Ukraine  

 

A rocket fell in Poland on the afternoon of November 15 at 40:40 (17:40 Moscow time), when the Russian army was shelling the city of Kyiv and other cities, including the west. It hit and killed two people.  

 The village of Pshevoduv, where the incident happened, is located five kilometers from the border with Ukraine.

 Ukraine’s defense ministry said no Ukrainian airstrikes were aimed near the Ukrainian-Polish border that day, and published pictures of debris were not related to Russian weapons. The information that the Russian missile may have landed on the Polish side was called “a deliberate act of aggression to make the situation worse” in the Russian defense ministry. 

 Later, the Russian defense ministry also said that the rocket fragments were identified by Russian experts in the photo as part of the S-300 anti-aircraft missile belonging to the Ukrainian forces.   

The President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky, in his evening speech the day before, said that “How many times has Ukraine said that the terrorist state will not stop in our country? Poland, the Baltic countries – it’s only a matter of time before Russian terrorism reaches further,” he said. Zelensky.

 On Wednesday, the adviser in the office of president Zelensky, Mikhail Podolyak, said that Russia is in any case responsible for the deaths that occurred in Przevoduv.

 “The target, the means of killing, the danger, the escalation of the conflict – all this is only Russia. And there is no other explanation for the reason for firing additional missiles.  

 Because when a provocative country fires many long-range missiles across the whole of Europe with its outdated Soviet weapons (class X missiles), disasters happen sooner or later in the territories of other countries,” he said. 

Original Media Source

Share this news

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
WhatsApp

This Year’s Most Read News Stories

‘No Marburg Confirmed In Tanzania’, But Mpox Remains ‘Public Health Emergency’
Tanzania Foreign Investment News
Chief Editor

‘No Marburg Confirmed In Tanzania’, But Mpox Remains ‘Public Health Emergency’

‘No Marburg Confirmed In Tanzania’, But Mpox Remains ‘Public Health Emergency’

Monrovia — The Director General of the African Centers for Disease Control, Jean Kaseya, has said the center stands ready to support Tanzania and other countries in the region where suspected cases of the infectious Marburg Virus Disease have been identified. The World Health Organization earlier this week issued an alert warning of a possible outbreak in the country, although the Tanzanian Health Ministry has said tests conducted on available samples did not show the existence of Marburg in the East African nation.

“As of the 15 of January 2025, laboratory results from all suspected individuals were negative for Marburg Virus,” Tanzanian Health Minister Jenista Mhagama said in a statement. This would have marked the country’s second experience with the highly infectious disease that recently killed over a dozen people in neighboring Rwanda. Tanzania previously reported an outbreak of Marburg in 2023 in the  Kegara region, said to have been the epicenter of the new suspected cases.

At the Africa CDC online briefing on Thursday, Kaseya also said another infectious disease, Mpox, “remains a public health concern”. He said that while in December 2024, the disease had afflicted 20 countries, a new country – Sierra Leone – has been added to the number after recent outbreak there. Sierra Leonean health authorities said on January 10 that two cases of Mpox had been confirmed in the country and dozens of contacts are being traced.

With thousands of confirmed cases of Mpox across Africa and more than 1000 people having died of the disease  – mainly in Central Africa – Kaseya emphasized the need to increase testing, a theme he’s heralded before. The Africa CDC boss said over the next few months the continental health watchdog will deploy additional epidemiologists and community health workers to areas considered hot spots of infectious diseases in the region.

Source: allafrica.com

Continue Reading