Muswada Sheria ya Fedha watenga asilimia mbili Bima ya Afya kwa Wote

Muswada Sheria ya Fedha watenga asilimia mbili Bima ya Afya kwa Wote

Dodoma. Serikali ya Tanzania imewasilisha bungeni Muswada wa Sheria ya Fedha kwa mwaka 2024 ambao unapendekeza asilimia mbili ya mapato yanayotokana na ushuru wa bidhaa kwenye vinywaji laini, vileo na vipodozi ziwekwe katika Mfuko wa Bima wa Afya kwa Wote (UHC).

Muswada huo umewasomwa mara kwanza bungeni leo Alhamisi, Juni 20, 2024, unapendekeza marekebisho kwenye Sheria ya Bima ya Afya kwa Wote, ambapo kifungu cha 25(3) kinapendekezwa kurekebishwa ili kuainisha kiwango cha ushuru wa bidhaa ambacho kitapelekwa katika Mfuko wa Bima ya Afya kwa Wote.

“Aidha, inapendekezwa kiasi cha asilimia mbili kinachotokana na ushuru wa bidhaa kwenye vinywaji laini, vileo na vipodozi kiwekwe katika mfuko huo,” amesema Waziri wa Fedha, Dk Mwigulu Nchemba katika maelezo ya muswada huo.

Amesema asilimia 100 ya ushuru wa bidhaa unaotokana na dau la kamari pia utatumika kama chanzo cha mapato ya UHC.

Sakata la sukari

Muswada huo, unapendekeza kufanya marekebisho katika Sheria ya Tasnia ya Sukari, ambapo kifungu kipya cha 14A kinapendekezwa kuongezwa kwa lengo la kuiwezesha Wakala wa Taifa wa Hifadhi ya Chakula (NFRA) kuingiza ndani ya nchi, kuhifadhi na kusambaza sukati kwa matumizi ya ndani ya nchi wakati wa upungufu.

“Lengo la hatua hii ni kuwezesha upatikanaji wa sukari nchini na kuondoa uhodhi kwa baadhi ya wenye viwanda bila kuathiri dhamira ya Serikali ya kulinda viwanda vya ndani,” amesema Dk Mwigulu.

Pia, Muswada huo unapendekeza marekebisho katika Sheria ya Ushuru wa Barabara na Mafuta, Sura ya 220, ambapo kifungu cha 3 kinarekebishwa kwa kuiandika upya tafsiri ya msamiati “nishati” ili kujumisha gesi asilia katika tafsiri hiyo.

Aidha, vifungu vya 4, 4A na Jedwali la Pili vinarekebishwa ili kutoza ushuru wa Sh382 kwa kila kilo ya gesi asilia inayotumika kwenye magari na mapato yatakayotokana na ushuru huo yatapelekwa katika Mfuko wa Barabara.

Dk Mwigulu amesema lengo la marekebisho haya ni kuongeza mapato yatakayotumika katika kufanya matengenezo ya barabara pamoja na kuleta usawa kwa kuwa magari yanayotumia mafuta tayari yanachangia mapato kwa ajili ya matengenezo ya miundombinu ya barabara.

Source: mwananchi.co.tz

Original Media Source

Share this news

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
WhatsApp

This Year's Most Read News Stories

Tanzania Confirms Second Marburg Outbreak After WHO Chief Visit
Tanzania Foreign Investment News
Chief Editor

Tanzania Confirms Second Marburg Outbreak After WHO Chief Visit

Dar es Salaam — Tanzania’s President Samia Suluhu Hassan has declared an outbreak of Marburg virus, confirming a single case in the northwestern region of Kagera after a meeting with WHO director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus.

The confirmation follows days of speculation about a possible outbreak in the region, after the WHO reported a number of deaths suspected to be linked to the highly infectious disease.

While Tanzania’s Ministry of Health declared last week that all suspected cases had tested negative for Marburg, the WHO called for additional testing at international reference laboratories.

“We never know when an outbreak might occur in a neighbouring nation. So we ensure infection prevention control assessments at every point of care as routine as a morning greeting at our workplaces.”Amelia Clemence, public health researcher

Subsequent laboratory tests conducted at Kagera’s Kabaile Mobile Laboratory and confirmed in Dar es Salaam identified one positive case, while 25 other suspected cases tested negative, the president told a press conference in Dodoma, in the east of the country today (Monday).

“The epicentre has now shifted to Biharamulo district of Kagera,” she told the press conference, distinguishing this outbreak from the previous one centred in Bukoba district.

Tedros said the WHO would release US$3 million from its emergencies contingency fund to support efforts to contain the outbreak.

Health authorities stepped up surveillance and deployed emergency response teams after the WHO raised the alarm about nine suspected cases in the region, including eight deaths.

The suspected cases displayed symptoms consistent with Marburg infection, including headache, high fever, diarrhoea, and haemorrhagic complications, according to the WHO’s alert to member countries on 14 January. The organisation noted a case fatality rate of 89 per cent among the suspected cases.

“We appreciate the swift attention accorded by the WHO,” Hassan said.

She said her administration immediately investigated the WHO’s alert.

“The government took several measures, including the investigation of suspected individuals and the deployment of emergency response teams,” she added.

Cross-border transmission

The emergence of this case in a region that experienced Tanzania’s first-ever Marburg outbreak in March 2023 has raised concerns about cross-border transmission, particularly following Rwanda’s recent outbreak that infected 66 people and killed 15 before being declared over in December 2024.

The situation is particularly critical given Kagera’s position as a transport hub connecting four East African nations.

Amelia Clemence, a public health researcher working in the region, says constant vigilance is required.

“We never know when an outbreak might occur in a neighbouring nation. So we ensure infection prevention control assessments at every point of care as routine as a morning greeting at our workplaces.”

The Kagera region’s ecosystem, home to fruit bats that serve as natural reservoirs for the Marburg virus, adds another layer of complexity to disease surveillance efforts.

The virus, closely related to Ebola, spreads through contact with bodily fluids and can cause severe haemorrhagic fever.

Transparency urged

Elizabeth Sanga, shadow minister of health for Tanzania’s ACT Wazalendo opposition party, says greater transparency would help guide public health measures.

“This could have helped to guide those who are traveling to the affected region to be more vigilant and prevent the risk of further spread,” she said.

WHO regional director for Africa Matshidiso Moeti says early notification of investigation outcomes is important.

“We stand ready to support the government in its efforts to investigate and ensure that measures are in place for an effective and rapid response,” she said, noting that existing national capacities built from previous health emergencies could be quickly mobilised.

The situation coincides with leadership changes in Tanzania’s Ministry of Health, with both the chief medical officer and permanent secretary being replaced.

This piece was produced by SciDev.Net’s Sub-Saharan Africa English desk.

Source: allafrica.com

Continue Reading