Government says private sector is happy with regulatory reforms

Government says private sector is happy with regulatory reforms

Dar es Salaam. The private sector is happy with the government’s dedication to implementing the Blueprint for regulatory reforms, according to the Chief Secretary Dr Moses Kusiluka.

He said members of the business community are happy and satisfied with the government’s commitment over the past three years to establish a robust foundation for business operations and investment attraction.

Dr Kusiluka was briefing reporters on the one-day 37th meeting of the TNBC executive committee, which ended here on Tuesday, April 16. The committee, which is co-chaired by the Chief Secretary, is a crucial organ at the TNBC.

The committee meets to hear from the public and private sectors because the private sector is deemed to be a strategic partner of the government in building the national economy.

“In this formal and affirmative feedback, the private sector has recognised and supported the government’s endeavours and dedication to implementing the Blueprint. This reassurance is greatly appreciated as it reflects the sixth-phase government’s commitment to economic reforms, fostering a conducive business environment, and attracting investments,” Dr Kusiluka stated.

He highlighted various measures undertaken by the government under President Samia Hassan’s leadership in the past three years, leading to the growth of the private sector.

Co-chairing the committee, Chairperson of the Tanzania Private Sector Foundation (TPSF), Ms Angelina Ngalula, acknowledged the government’s strides in implementing the Blueprint.

However, she urged further public education on the Blueprint’s significance and proper execution to prevent misunderstandings and conflicts between business community members and the public sector.

TNBC Executive Secretary Dr Godwill Wanga said the meeting’s focus is on developing a digital national economy to enhance overall national productivity in production and social services.

Original Media Source

Share this news

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
WhatsApp

This Year's Most Read News Stories

‘No Marburg Confirmed In Tanzania’, But Mpox Remains ‘Public Health Emergency’
Tanzania Foreign Investment News
Chief Editor

‘No Marburg Confirmed In Tanzania’, But Mpox Remains ‘Public Health Emergency’

‘No Marburg Confirmed In Tanzania’, But Mpox Remains ‘Public Health Emergency’

Monrovia — The Director General of the African Centers for Disease Control, Jean Kaseya, has said the center stands ready to support Tanzania and other countries in the region where suspected cases of the infectious Marburg Virus Disease have been identified. The World Health Organization earlier this week issued an alert warning of a possible outbreak in the country, although the Tanzanian Health Ministry has said tests conducted on available samples did not show the existence of Marburg in the East African nation.

“As of the 15 of January 2025, laboratory results from all suspected individuals were negative for Marburg Virus,” Tanzanian Health Minister Jenista Mhagama said in a statement. This would have marked the country’s second experience with the highly infectious disease that recently killed over a dozen people in neighboring Rwanda. Tanzania previously reported an outbreak of Marburg in 2023 in the  Kegara region, said to have been the epicenter of the new suspected cases.

At the Africa CDC online briefing on Thursday, Kaseya also said another infectious disease, Mpox, “remains a public health concern”. He said that while in December 2024, the disease had afflicted 20 countries, a new country – Sierra Leone – has been added to the number after recent outbreak there. Sierra Leonean health authorities said on January 10 that two cases of Mpox had been confirmed in the country and dozens of contacts are being traced.

With thousands of confirmed cases of Mpox across Africa and more than 1000 people having died of the disease  – mainly in Central Africa – Kaseya emphasized the need to increase testing, a theme he’s heralded before. The Africa CDC boss said over the next few months the continental health watchdog will deploy additional epidemiologists and community health workers to areas considered hot spots of infectious diseases in the region.

Source: allafrica.com

Continue Reading